UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF ST. THERESA OF JESUS
- The Parish is found in Dodoma Region, Kondoa district, Masange ward, Itololo village
- It belongs to the catholic diocese of Kondoa
- It is 60 kilometres from Kondoa town.
- The parish Priest is Rev. Fr. Revocatus Kabukiza C.P. assisted by Rev. Fr. Priscus Masawe as the curate, but also the administrator of Itololo Health Centre.
- The parish began by the Christians from Haubi who came to Kandaga to begin a village there, receiving all the spiritual services from Isabe, an outstation of Kondoa. Later on Kandaga became an outstation under Haubi parish, served by Rev. Fr. Cipriano sangaleti – Chuma. After Kandaga, Fr Cipriano proceeded to other villages like Itololo, Disa, Sauna and Madisa. In 1950 was built a two-roomed primary school belonging to the mission, followed by a small house in 1951. It was later on served by Rev. Fr. Valentino Santoro from Kurio, who came to begin a new parish, initially intended to be at Kandaga but later on proceeded to build at Itololo. The Christians used to pray at Kandaga school. We can therefore say that the parish started in 1952, the first celebrated there on the 10th February, 1952. The construction of the parish church began in March 1952 and completed, opened and blessed on the 4th April, 1953 by the Vicar General of Dodoma Diocese, Fr. Emid. Apart from the parish there was also a seminary for minor seminarians.
- Currently the total number of Catholic Christians is estimated to be 3,000
- The parish has 19 outstations: Masawi, Berabera, Isabe, Salanka, Puhi, Bereko, Filimo, Itundwi, Chungai, Masange, Kandaga, Mongolo, Mkekena, Machinjoni, Itololo, Atta, Disa, Kisese and Mbuyuni. The furthest outstation is estimated to be 45 kilometres from the parish.