- UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF ST. CIPRIAN – THE MARTYR
- The Parish is found in Dodoma Region, Chamwino District, Makang’wa Division, Mlowa Bwawani Ward, Mlowa Bwawani village.
- It belongs to the catholic archdiocese of Dodoma.
- It is 60 km from Dodoma town heading to the south
- The Parish Priest is Rev. Fr. Bortolo Pirolla C.P. assisted by Rev. Fr. Robert Manyama C.P. as the curate
- It began as an outstation of Dodoma Parish in the year 1971 during the government initiatives to begin Ujamaa villages. It was officially raised to be a parish in 1975/76 by the late Mathias Isuja Joseph, the first native bishop of Dodoma. The first Parish Priest was Fr. Primo Cambiasso C.P. By then it covered 31 villages. Later on, Mlowa Parish gave birth to other parishes like Handali, Mpwayungu and Chipogolo.
- Currently the total number of Catholic Christians is estimated to be 4000.
- The parish has 13 outstations: mlowa Bwanani, Mlowa Barabarani, Nhinhi, Mpangwe, Manzawe, Mlodaa, Sasajila, Ilewelo, Fufu, Suli, Nkwenda, Nkulabi and Wiliko. The far most outstation is more than 40 kilometres from the parish.