Veyula Formation House is located along the Great Trans-Africa Road going from Dodoma (via Kondoa) to Arusha, more or less twenty kilometers from Dodoma Town.
The house was started by the late Rev. Fr. Virgilio Giupponi who came to Tanzania as a Missionary in 1949 and died in 1989.
Since its foundation, the house has experienced a lot of changes in the sense of its mode of operation, the level of the education of the candidates received, etc.
Currently, the house receives the candidates who have finished their form six secondary education or universities and colleges who are ready to join our religious Congregation and to become religious brothers or priests. These candidates stay here for their initial year of formation. The house receives also the candidates who come for a program known as “Come and See”.
The candidates residing in this house are of the level of formation known as “Residents” – the young men who have shown some interest to join Passionist life, after a good contact with the Vocations’ Director – now residing with us for more discernment.
The period of residence in this house is not less than one year before one is allowed to continue with the next stage of formation.